After October’s little hiccup, Mt TBR is slooowly shrinking again. However, I’m going to have to do better if I want to preemptively mitigate the damage Christmas is likely to cause.
Mt TBR status
Mt TBR @ 1 January: 191
Mt TBR @ 31 October: 219
Mt TBR @30 November: 217
49. The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi. Reviewed here.
50. Flower and Weed by Margo Lanagan. Reviewed here.
51. No Need to Reply by Jodi Cleghorn. This collection of flash fiction isn’t my usual fare, but made a great change of pace. I found myself nodding in recognition in places and I appreciated the threads of grief and longing that wove through the collection.
52. The Disappearance of Ember Crow by Ambelin Kwaymullina. Reviewed here.
53. Dimension6, Issue #1 edited by Keith Stevenson. Review forthcoming.
(19/11) The Disappearance of Ember Crow by Ambelin Kwaymullina
(25/11) Fool’s Assassin by Robin Hobb. I picked up this shiny new book (pictured above) at one of Hobb’s local signings. Of course, it has been a decade (give or take) since I read the two trilogies leading up to it, so…
(25/11) Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
Good Company, Part One and Part Two by Becca Lusher. A m/m fantasy romance that is still a work-in-progress. Tobi and Faron are completely adorable, so it’s going to take great willpower for me to wait patiently for the rest.
The Court of Five Thrones Ch 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 by Pia Foxhall. The tension is ratcheting up in this dark, m/m fantasy erotica, as the King of the Unseelie Court takes to the battlefield. Once again, a reminder that this story is explicit, with heavy trigger warnings, and not suitable for all readers.